From: Goepferich, Christina <CGoepferich@polksheriff.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 3:19 PM
Subject: October Meeting Minutes
C.A.P. Coordinator Meeting Minutes
October 23, 2017 at Cypress Lakes
Old business reviewed:
- The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance & Moment of Silence.
- Guest Speaker: State Attorney Brian Haas
- Trainings: We trained 27 on Thursday, October 19, 2017 at Swiss Village. We will have training on Thursday, November 09, 2017 at Foxwood Village and Thursday, December 14, 2017 at (need a location).
- Coordinator Meetings – The next coordinator meeting will be held on January 22, 2018, at (need a location). There will not be a November or December coordinator meeting.
- Fire Extinguisher – Be sure to check your fire extinguishers for the expiration date. They expire one year from the date punched.
- Badge Printer – The server is still not accepting the installation of the software; therefore, we’re unable to print badges.
- Coordinator Holiday Luncheon – The event will be held at the Sheriff’s Operation Center on Monday, December 11, 2017, at 12:00 p.m.
New Business Reviewed:
- Calling 911 – A discussion was held on when to call/not call 911. A flyer was made available to the group so that it could be posted in community clubhouses. The goal is to reduce the number of non-emergency related 911 calls.
- Communicating with Glen – Glen would prefer that all requests come to him through email. It’s hard for him to keep track of everyone that he talks to, on the phone, before getting to a place to stop and make a note. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bike Patrols – Florida state statute mandates that anyone riding a bike, under the age of 16, must wear a helmet. We recommend that bike riders wear helmets; however, it is not required, by law.
- Upcoming Holidays – Our office will be closed Friday, November 10, 2017, Thursday, November 23, 2017, Friday, November 24, 2017, Monday, December 25, 2017, and Tuesday, December 26, 2017.
The next C.A.P. Coordinator’s meeting will be held Monday, January 22, 2018 at 10:30 a.m. at (need a location).
Tina Goepferich | Volunteer Services Specialist | Polk County Sheriff's Office |
Office: 863-298-6682 | Cell: 863-287-5630 | Fax: 863-298-6346 | Email: email@example.com